Monday, September 10, 2012

Mac bugs and nervous gaming

I'm not the most computer savvy person, but I could still tell that my shiny new MacBook Pro was running awfully hot on WoW since the patch. Upon checking the Blizz forums, this is a now-known bug that will hopefully be remedied with the Tuesday update. Using a $20 laptop cooler on top of a laptop stand and keeping track of temperatures using the free Temperature Monitor app has allowed me to keep temperatures down to a reasonable level so I can still play a bit. Still, I'm having some graphics issues and every time my screen gets shatter-y I panic a little bit. I feel like I'm crossing my fingers and knocking on wood every time I log in. Yuck!


Luckily, Diablo III has been running smoothly, and the bf and I have finished the game on Normal difficulty, which was pretty easy. I'm really enjoying the witch doctor, and the bf is enjoying smashing and yelling at things on his barbarian. The only complaint I have is on the lack of drops of blacksmithing pages of training in Normal mode. We have already outgeared our blacksmith's meager abilities at our current level, which reminds me a lot of the problems with crafting professions in WoW.



Despite worrying about the computer, I did of course play a bit of WoW this weekend, and even ran a couple of dungeons with the bf. Hooray for the XP boost from Recruit-A-Friend: we ran Shadowfang Keep and Wailing Caverns and each gained 7 levels! I didn't feel like I did very well at warlockery however, as my attention was split between playing and explaining things to the bf (don't stand in the green stuff!).


Finally, Nachtmystium the newly resurrected DK is ready to start Cata content! I like her very Wrath-y outfit, but she'll soon be replacing it all with quest greens from Hyjal. I'm curious to see how quickly she gets to level 85, as the patch also brought substantial XP decreases to those levels. I'm all for it, as I am sick to death of the Cata quest zones.

Haven't figured out what to do after that, since there's no point in gearing up level capped toons so close to the expansion. I could level my professions on one of my Alliance toons...

No comments:

Post a Comment