Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer doldrums


It's hot as hell and I've been in a bit of a funk, so not much WoW time this week. Blatella the priest is finally into HoT heroics though, and Fossegrimme the mage is at around level 43 and has her fast ground mount. Leveling has been fast with heirlooms and the Midsummer Fire Festival buff.


Fossegrimme has been leveling primarily through dungeons, which gives her time to work on leveling her professions while she waits for queues. She just started the questline in Eastern Plaguelands though, so she'll be doing some leveling there this weekend. I've done this zone Horde-side and thought it was a lot of fun, so I'm looking forward to doing it again.


Being a fire mage is, ah, a blast! Why? 1. Portals. 2. Blink. 3. Hot Streak and Pyroblast! It seems that there are so many little "perks" to being a mage, plus they do a lot of damage and with the heirlooms Fossegrimme's not even all that squishy.


I've also managed to do some transmogging, as it's apparently not as expensive to transmog the shoulder, chest and weapon heirlooms as it is the head and cape. I wonder why that is? Anyway, Fossegrimme is now sporting an outfit she stole off of Arcanist Doan in Scarlet Monastery (robe and shoulders). The staff is from a mage-specific quest in Shadowfang Keep.


I like it this outfit, the heirloom cape matches and I can just turn the heirloom helm off. Actually, the heirloom helm matches well too, but it just screams "Heirloom" since it's so distinctive, so I prefer not to have to look at it!


No comments:

Post a Comment